Official Hackerz Online Discord Welcome Channel
https://discord.gg/7u3rCHK
Once entered, first command you should use to get access is /new

- Follow us on twitter! https://twitter.com/OkitooHackers

Love, Ban & Filter: Story of permaban spam & TOR/VPN Block

Hangout and post about stuff that does not pertain to the game.
1337_M03W
Story Writer
In-game Username: 1337_M03W

Love, Ban & Filter: Story of permaban spam & TOR/VPN Block

Post by 1337_M03W » Sat Apr 18, 2020 22:56 PM

Part 1: permaban

Greetings,

So here's my story of how I got permanently banned (permaban), unbanned, and banned again.

If any of you read this, make example of it, do not repeat the mistake that I have done and never try to make it hard for the Admins and Mods.

It all starts like any usual morning, I start hacking and farming for reputation and HC, since the cool down for each gateway is an hour, I decided to try one experiment. Before we get into that, I want you to know that, like some other player, I like to experiment with things too, checking txt file size and it's character count, confirm if 3 second is enough to collect miner, playing with text file duplicate number, and many other stuff to explore about the game mechanics.

So today, I decided to experiment with making a truncated message, without a text. Remember those you type something very long and at the end you got [message truncated]. I tried to duplicate that, so I pick a safe place, which is my local chat since it is 95% of the time empty, yeah you should come and see how barren it is. Once in a while, moderator would come and accompany me and have a chat, even it's random or short, it felt nice.

So, I used spaces to make it, but when hit enter, chat doesn't recognize it and only send blank message. I refuse to surrender, so I try with "spaces", "ss","spaces" which work! it shows: 1337_M03W: ...[message truncated]. "Success!" I tell to myself, apparently, I try it again, but the spaces does not detected, chat read it as "ss" without the spaces. I felt weird, and try experiment again, I wonder why does the chat doesn't recognize it the second time? So I blatantly experiment and use the spaces, ss, spaces, now it worked, so it was just a glitch maybe.

Alright, I am satisfied with my experiment, you do really can send truncated message without text visible. Since Local Chat is still under rules same as VIP chat and Global Chat, I turn into Guild Chat, which is known to not be limited to the chat rules. I hesitated to try, but there's only me and my respected leader only at that moment, I did it anyway. Oh boy I was really wrong, too my surprise, sending that truncated message get me permanently banned! {R.I.P}: | 1337_M03W | I was speechless. I try to chat in all other places and email, confirmed, I have been permanently banned.

My heart stop beating for a moment. I take a deep breath, and head to the forum for a ban appeal. The place that I have never ever had a thought to go. With a sigh, I read and understanding the statement and agreement, I fill in the form and try to be as calm as possible, then submit it. I pray everything will be alright from this moment. Luckily not long after, I'm in contact with the Administrator and he seems to agree to unblock me. But he strongly advise and remind me, this is the one and only chance I could get unblocked, the first and last. If I repeat the offense, there's nothing else to do, the ban will be final.

Back to the Global Chat, I'm contented to try to walk my self back into the world of texts, oh it felt like I have just finished my sentence and I'm walking out to the front prison gate into my freedom once again! What should I type for my this come back, I thought. Then I pasted the Neko text emoji "(。>‿‿<。 )".
{R.I.P}: | 1337_M03W |
*** 1337_M03W Has been permanently blocked for spamming ***

What had just happened! I've been banned, unbanned, then banned again?! I took another deep breath and I think. This should not be happening, because I've used that text emoji many times before, it never get caught by the filter, so I went to contact Joe again, this time I know I'm in trouble, I remembered he told this is my last chance that I get unbanned. *gulp* I sent him the Neko text picture telling that's what I said that get me banned. He replies, "Check now". I'm in joy! I tell him I'm afraid to type, and then it happens again. I got Banned again after that unblock, now I know, somehow my account is broke or something.

The staffs tried a few times to unblock me, no avail, I have been banned over and over again, even just typing a simple "Hello World" text. Since it is Saturday today, and Joe tells me that he is in the weekend vacation, it would be wise to tell the team not to push into working it on, and I am sorry for making it hard for them to fix what should not have been broken. But to my surprise, they really went above and beyond this time in trying to fix it. I am really grateful with the community, what did I do to deserve these people kindness.

Aaron_Game_Changer : and this why i love this game much more than others, everybody cares

So its Sunday today, and the developer is online, he tries and helps to troubleshoot, a few unblock and pushed game restart doesn't seem to help, and then dev said, "there are two instances of your account running on your device", "that's why it keeps on banning you." So I was instructed to uninstall all the apps and reinstall, restart my device, and if I were using VPN, turn it off. Once again, I'm unblocked. This is it, I said to myself, I typed "Hello World", aaandd *badump tsss* I got blocked again.

*** You are now a global moderator ***
*** 1337_M03W Has been unblocked ***

developer : try now
1337_M03W : Hello World
*** You are no longer a moderator. ***
developer : try now
1337_M03W : Hello
1337_M03W : seems like it worked

At last, my short adventure of making the staffs life's hard has over. I am very grateful and relieved that's the staff manage to handle it swiftly, less than 24 hour and the glitch is fixed. So it is advisable to not play your account in more than one device to avoid this incident happens again, and never poke with our master chief, the chat filter. I learned my lesson, and I hope the readers learn yours. I would like to send my deepest gratitude for the generous support to these staff members, IdentityCrisis, KillerKn9, Fenrir, UwZerokoolX, Administrator and developer for being patience and helpful with me, thank you, very much.

Total RIP counted: 1 + 18

https://i.imgur.com/7v8jKmV.jpg

Reminder: Never try to duplicate the glitch, you may won't get unblock or get your account deleted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 2: TOR/VPN Block

Right after that incident, everything is fine and peaceful as I am able to chat in the public chat again. I was so happy and relieved! So that night (or the night after? I lose track of time) I play as usual, hacking here and there and taking part in the global chat. A few hours later after midnight, a few new players come in chat and asking question, how to play, how to do this and that, usual normal stuff. The other player are being helpful at that time, teaching them steps by steps. It was great to see the community is helping one another. :D

Then not long after, a guy came into global and talking in his mother tongue, as we already know, only English is allowed in Global. So everyone and mods trying to tell it to him. But this guy doesn't want to stop. He keeps posting non-English sentence one after another, a few people starts to get annoyed, but the moderators, krankenwagen, Anoni_hacker_Retired and Arctic_Fox does not punish him even after he sent quite a lot of non-English words. I start to wonder if they are being kind to him.

Then they start to reply in his language to my surprise. I try to translate what krankenwagen was saying, he explains to use English only in global, he can talk English only in global, and asking him to use a translator. Which I feel that's nice. Usually these people will get warned and rules will start to fly around! Then, krankenwagen tells that this guy speaks Portuguese and cannot talk in English, some how unable to use translator or something, but he insisted to learn about the game. So krankenwagen invites him to have the conversation over his local chat instead.

I knew Anoni_hacker_Retired being a local moderator is not allowed to jump between country chat, and global is getting quiet a bit, so I think krankenwagen has flew to the Brazil local chat to help that guy. I decided I want to join them and maybe help share the knowledge that I have learnt. I open my rusty AirVPN, apparently my subscription has expired at that time, so I went to renew it for 3 days. Back to my AirVPN, I try to connect with Brazil, but somehow it goes into disconnecting loop, so I tries to fix it. (AirVPN need manual configuration sometimes)

At the same moment while I'm troubleshooting, Arctic_Fox came into my local chat, and we starts to have conversation, quite a long one, but I really appreciate anyone who came to my local chat since it's krik krik (cricket sound) there. The sun already coming up, and my VPN still cannot connects to Brazil and other countries except Singapore. So I decided to ditch it and find a free VPN that have Brazil & Indonesia as I decide to visits their local chat at some time in future.

I found UrbanVPN, it's free and have the countries I looked for, upon testing, it was slow in Indonesia, so I try to connect to Russia, same results, then I go to Brazil to see if I can even chat. But it looks like this free VPN is worst in speed, so I try to chat in global to test how high is the chat latency. Too my surprised...

My heart pounds so hard I can hear it in my ears, adrenaline rushed through my body and I said to myself, "Did I get myself BANNED for the second time!". I felt frustrated, but I try to control myself and relax, I still remember what IndentityCrisis said to me last time. "You will get unbanned only once, if you get banned again, there is nothing I can help you with". "What am I gonna do!" I said to myself. I cannot turn to him again, this is embarrassing and stupid! A second ban in a short amount of time. I am so dead. Noooo this could not happen again!

I turn to the forum and read the latest rules. There is nothing that is said about VPN, and I read somewhere that regular user can use VPN, only Country Mod is not allowed. So I head to find that thread again, and leave an inquiry. Since approval is needed to reply that thread, I have no other options. I must hide my feelings and tell the moderator if I want this to get look into sooner.

"Should I ask this to BarryGibs or DocvalE first, and then tells IdentityCrisis I tell them about my problem? Or should I just face him with this embarrassment and tell the truth?" The question keep lingering in my head for another hour. Then I decide, oh whatever, I am going to tell him about this. And I decided, how about I tell it in a form of knock knock joke? That could be less an embarrassment to me. "I would say Knock Knock, and he will reply with Who's there?, I would then say Guess, so he would answer Guess who? and I reply with Guess who's got banned again?" I know its cringe but at least I feel less bad in telling the main problem that way.

So I contact him and I said "Knock knock", he replies with "What's up?". Not the reply I was hoping for, but this still can be done. I said "Guess", and he straight reply me with "Are you permabanned again?". Hot dang! that was unexpected, how did he gets me so fast, I almost felt wanna cry and laugh at the same time. So I reply him "Not that serious nooo". I tell that it's the same thing that happened to Fenrir long time ago, and to my surprise, he straight understand and goes for troubleshooting.

Impressed and in shocked that my knock knock joke failed miserably, I straight do what he asked and troubleshoot what is wrong with my account now. After a few minutes of troubleshooting, it seems that once again, my account can only be fixed with dev help again. So I decided, it is time to bring my alt account temp_M03W and use him to deliver my messages. Later around the evening, weboutlaw74 came and help instructs me again with the troubleshooting. At this point I know the team is working in the background to help fixes it, so I just wait and use my temp account until it's get fixed.

All this then lead to this morning, I was chatting as usual using temp_M03W, and server restart notification is running. I was so happy and having my hopes high on this! A minute later, the server restarted and I am back to my my main account, everyone is racing to type first, they look really happy. *exhales* This is it, I'm typing "Hello world and this better be not a false hope". And the message is sent! I am unblocked! Now that I can chat again, it is time to call off temp_M03W as his service is no longer required, for the second time.

I am so thankful, that during this hard times, Hackerz Online is the place that I chose to spend my time with, I cannot guarantee that I will stay after the pandemic fades, but I will sure not to forget everyone and everything that happened. Never once I uninstall the client app even after years of inactivity, deep in my heart, Hackerz Online and the communities stays near within me. I love you all.

So the moral of the stories today, AVOID using VPN, you can never certainly know if the exit node has been flagged as TOR exit nodes. That could trigger the same problem I encounter, let the mods do their job, they are here for that reasons. Just use the PM feature if you need to talk other language in global. I have learned my lessons, and I hope you all did too.

Sorry for the long post, here's a potato
"not again.." :shock:

Cheesy_Beef
Story Writer

Re: Love, Ban & Filter: Story of permaban spam

Post by Cheesy_Beef » Mon Apr 20, 2020 13:55 PM

Great experience with a happy ending. On the other side, if you didn't do it, it will still be unknown until now lol. Thank you.

Agen_Dosa
Global Moderator
In-game Username: Agen_Dosa
Ingame Staff Rank: Global

Post by Agen_Dosa » Tue Apr 21, 2020 08:39 AM

Really good story' bruh, cant stop reading. Really clever presentation 🤘🏻
♛ FBI | Agen_Dosa
Global Moderator from Indonesia
Global Moderator in Forum Hackers Online

1337_M03W
Story Writer

Post by 1337_M03W » Tue Apr 21, 2020 18:09 PM

Cheesy_Beef wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 13:55 PM
Great experience with a happy ending. On the other side, if you didn't do it, it will still be unknown until now lol. Thank you.
And here I wished that I never did it hahaha

1337_M03W
Story Writer

Post by 1337_M03W » Tue Apr 21, 2020 18:10 PM

Agen_Dosa wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 08:39 AM
I have thought to stop here, guess I need to revamp it to V2 with the vpn block :?

Agen_Dosa
Global Moderator
In-game Username: Agen_Dosa
Ingame Staff Rank: Global

Post by Agen_Dosa » Tue Apr 21, 2020 21:30 PM

1337_M03W wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 18:10 PM
Agen_Dosa wrote:
I have thought to stop here, guess I need to revamp it to V2 with the vpn block :?
Do it, just do it! (Sfx.Shia LaBeouf) :v
♛ FBI | Agen_Dosa
Global Moderator from Indonesia
Global Moderator in Forum Hackers Online

1337_M03W
Story Writer

Post by 1337_M03W » Wed Apr 22, 2020 09:28 AM

Agen_Dosa wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 21:30 PM
1337_M03W wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 18:10 PM
Agen_Dosa wrote:
Do it, just do it! (Sfx.Shia LaBeouf) :v
I have updated with the V2, thank you for reading!

Aaron_Game_Changer
Legendary Hacker
In-game Username: Aaron_Game_Changer

Re: Love, Ban & Filter: Story of permaban spam & TOR/VPN Block

Post by Aaron_Game_Changer » Wed May 13, 2020 05:13 AM

I think you might be the only one who got lucky/unlucky on "Perma Ban".. 😅

Also was LOL on that "Knock Knock" joke... 😂

Anyways you are back to the Game 😉👍🏻
ImageImage

1337_M03W
Story Writer