Official Hackerz Online Discord Welcome Channel
https://discord.gg/7u3rCHK
Once entered, first command you should use to get access is /new

- Follow us on twitter! https://twitter.com/OkitooHackers

Armedestria Online: The Story

Welcome to Art3m1s's Story. Please enjoy the read!
Art3m1s
V.I.P.

Armedestria Online: The Story

Post by Art3m1s » Mon May 21, 2018 23:31 PM

___________________________________________Welcome!
To Armedestria Online. This is the Story Topic, where all chapters will be posted. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoy the read.
Armedestria Online is a futuristic dystopia genre story, where the world is decaying, and Humanity's lest effort to forget the problems of the world has been corrupted by its creator. The more you read, the more you'll unrerstand. I hope you enjoy the story!
________________________________________________~Art3m1s~
___________________________________________The Modern Maiden Huntress

Art3m1s
V.I.P.

Armedestria Online: The Game

Post by Art3m1s » Mon May 21, 2018 23:33 PM

__________________________________________The Game
______"My name, is Navaeh Shomaker, and I started playing Armedestria almost 5 years ago..." A startled mood fell upon the support group as the implications of my confession settled in.
______"B-but that's impossible!" A man to my left cried out, exploding from his chair. "The authoritie-"
______"Bernard," someone whispered, interrupting him.
______"No, really!" He almost sounded angry, as he wheeled around to face the group. "The authorities locked down all access to the hardware after they learned what was happening, there's no way she got in a wholae year after it started!" His finger was pointing at me now, accusing me, I guess, but why would anyone want to lie about being stuck in that hellhole?
______"Bernie, let her speak." Everyone was anxious. I could almost smell it. My mind was going haywire, i felt as though I had to throw up. I cast my eyes to the ground.
______"No, he's right," I said, though my voice barely came out as hoarse whisper. "But I had to get in, I had to..." I choked as I thought about why. They could never understand, they never would have played it if they had known. Why would anyone want to join The Game, knowing what it did to people? Knowing that people were dying, becoming comatose, never coming back? I thought about why I had joined. That crazy year I almost lost myself. I almost lost it all. I had to get in, because I had to save...
______My thoughts were interrupted by a gentle hand on my shoulder. Zoning back into reality, I looked up. A gentle face, looking at me. Her eyes flooded with tears, just as mine were. I hated the pitied looks non-players gave me, but in her eyes, it wasn't pity, it was sympathy. I realized everyone was looking at me, waiting for me to finish. But I couldn't. Not without losing what was left of my composure. I shook my head, then buried my face in my hands.
______The group moved on, and more people shared. Most of their stories were of lost time in the real world, lives ruined, jobs lost. Some had happy tales to recount, of victories won, friends made, and love found in Armedestria. They were getting better, all of them. Learning to cope. Adjusting to life, outside of The Game. They, we're moving on. But not me. I could never move on. My soul is still trapped inside that God-Awful game, and I can't, I won't move on until I get her out of there, and back into the real world.

Art3m1s
V.I.P.

Armedestria Online: The Game (Continued)

Post by Art3m1s » Mon May 21, 2018 23:36 PM

_______________________________________The Game (Cont.)
______The world before Armedestria Online was cruel. Lots of developing countries fell into ruin after the United Nations was absolved in 2133. We thought we were preparing to leap foward. We thought wrong. In reality we just kept taking steps backwards. Ideas like flying cars, jetpacks, personalized robots and even hoverboards were so suddenly flung into the realm of science fiction. It would have been considered humorously ironic, had it not been so frightening.
______In most third world countries, drug wars, territory disputes, gang violence, riots and even revolutions were far too common. Man made catastrophes destroyed what little of their lives the innocent tried to retain. Entire populations wiped out in the name of resource control. Then, 2 years later, in 2135, Japanese software engineer Chikara Meiyoto created bliss, with the beta test of his new game, Armedestria. Using a new, experimental vr system he called NeuroJak. It was an instant hit, and after the NeuralJak gear was cleared for use world wide, Meiyoto unveiled Armedestria online. A Massively Multi-player Online Role Playing Game, or MMORPG for short.
______Armedestria Online changed the world. Or, to be more specific, it changed how people thought about it. The more wealthy of the world's citizens soon adopted the motto: "If you can't fix it, don't live in it," and they lived by this motto almost religiously, only leaving AO when they absolutely had to. Most of them stayed in the Capital city of Armedestria, Ninki. A massive safe zone, the only way to fight inside the safe zone limits was to duel, so the rich one percenters had no issue blowing their monew on styles and houses for their avatars to flash their wealth. Others used their money to buy levels and high level equipment for their characters. Players like them were quickly dubbed Pay to Winners, and no one liked them. If you weren't a P2W, chances are you could get along with anyone in the Game.
______It all had started off normal, you grind, you get good gear, you die, you lose it, you respawn, and start all over again. But June 6, 2137 everything changed. I wasn't online when it happened, I was waiting for the first patch before logging into my beta testing account to see if I had gotten any special bonus. I was letting my brother use the NeuroJak I owned while I waited, then all hell broke loose.
______Since that day, nothing was the same, and no one knew why. At least, no one in the real world. Not until Players started to die, for real...

Art3m1s
V.I.P.

Armedestria Online: The Rules

Post by Art3m1s » Tue May 22, 2018 00:28 AM

___________________________________________The Rules
______By the time I had joined, the entire world knew that The Game was killing people. In the first few days after The Incident, Delightful Studios tried to write the deaths off as hardware malfunctions. Glitches inherent within the NeuralJak system, and that they and NeuralJak were working very hard to correct the errors. But after a weekhad passed, and no one had logged out of The Game, everyone knew something was wrong. After the third week, The Exodus. Hospitals around the world were retrofitted and jammed full of the surviving players. 10% of the player population had died due to malnutrition and mysterious circumstances before the exodus. By the time all players had been moved only 85% of the original player base had survived.
______After the initial chaos, and panick, and once the Exodus had been completed, the emotional train wreck gave way to semi-rational thinking. It was soon realized that the NeuralJak gear was being used to send a Beta-Pulse into the brain stem of the player, killing the player. Studies showed that players experienced heightened vitals before their irl deaths, implying a distressed emotional state, probably anot in game battle, before death. It had only been 3 weeks, but we realized that if a player died within the game, they died in real life.
______I was in the hospital room with my Mother and my Brother when the news bulletin came on the television. I stared at the reporter, half terrified, half enraged at the information he was giving me. I whirled around to face my Mother, my gut telling me to rip the damned machines off of their heads, but I was stopped by the second round of information they were reporting.
______"Further studies on the NeuralJak VR Gear shows that removing the gear from the player could harm or even kill them..." I paused and turned back the the TV, a look of horror on my face, the sudden realization that everyone I love was stuck inside this game, possibly forever. A NeuralJak spokesperson was talking about the dangers of preemptively removing a person from their NeuralJak gear.
______"Could result in loss of life, or a permanent coma" What they were saying was that if the NeuralJakgear was removed, the Beta Pulse would be sent to the brain stem, killing the player. But if the Beta Pulse was emitted after the gear was safely off of the player, the would remain in a coma for the rest of their lives, their consciousness trapped within The Game.
______From then on the Rules were simple. Don't talk about The Game, or its victims, Don't remove a player from The Game, and Don't try to join the Game. For an entire year these were the only rules I knew. Then, in that same hospital room, everything changed.

Art3m1s
V.I.P.

Armedestria Online: The Hospital

Post by Art3m1s » Tue May 22, 2018 01:01 AM

__________________________________________The Hospital
______It was only a month after the Exodus that the full scope of what was happening finally hit me. Me and my father would visit them as time would allow, but his job as a detective kept him busy, chasing down any lead that could potentially aid in shutting down The Game, and ending the evil that was gripping the world. But every lead was just another goose chase, that ended with a goose helping him forget the day ever happened. But my mother and brother, his wife and son, were permanently stuck in a game that would eventually kill them. We could never forget that. It wasn't until a year after the exodus that everything changed, but when it did, it changed hard, and fast.
______It was a normal day, as normal as it could be, considering The Game was still running, and people were still trapped in it. But as I was sitting next to their beds, watching them in their catatonic states, my brother's heart rate started peaking, beating faster and faster. I started yelling for a doctor, a nurse, anyone. Then I saw it. His hand twitched. I went hysterical after that, screaming, and punching. I kicked a nurse, punched a security guard in the face, I was going nuts. I was a wreck, and they started pulling me, I didn't know where, but I didn't want to go. They ended up dragging me, tooth and nail, to a padded confinement cell. It was dark, and I couldn't hear anything from outside, and I kept fighting. Kicking what I thought was the door, anything really.
It was only after I had calmed down enough, in the dark room, before I took the time to process what I had seen. The reality was that I had seen nothing. His hand didn't move. They weren't waking up. No one was. And no one on the outside knew how to bring them back. There was no safe way to pull a player from the game. It was impossible. Sitting on the floor, in that dark room, my knees to my chest, and tears flowing from my eyes, all of these thoughts drove my fears straight home. The entire world fell into my stomach then. So, I did what any normal person would do. I threw up.
______The only good thing to come out of my 24 hour confinement in the dark room was my second realization. As I sat there, knees to my chest, my shoes dangling loose, their laces removed hours ago "for my own safety," I realized what was maybe the biggest breakthrough of my life. "We have no idea what's going on, because we aren't in The Game."
______We didn't know, but the players, they had to know every detail about what was going on, and how to stop it. They were in The Game, after all. That one thought reverberated through my head, my gears turning over a million miles an hour, trying to find a solution. For a soIid twenty minutes, I considered hiring a psychic medium to talk to my mom, inside the game, and figure out what she knew. Then another though, a sneaky little whisper, barely audible above the rest of my thinking planted a seed of thought in my brain, that took over almost immediately.
"You won't need a psychic, if you were in The Game as well" This thought, this singular, most ridiculous thought had wormed it's way into my consciousness, and became the sole focus of my life for another 2 months. This little thought sparked something that didn't stop until the end of The Game. As I sat there, in that dark room, trying to figure out how to figure out the game, I was given a choice. And so I chose.

Return to “Αρτεμις's Story”