Nachtfalke
New Hacker
In-game Username: Nachtfalke

Hardware resource assignment, proxy server, loadbalancer, bounce nodes, FBI

Post by Nachtfalke » Sun Mar 04, 2018 22:01 PM

Hello,

it is me again with some ideas about new and/or different game features:

1.) (Dynamical) Assignment of resources to software types
In my previous posts I wrote about different operating systems which have different pros and cons compared to the different typs of software.

I had some more thoughts about this. At the moment the game offers the possibility to upgrade your hardware (CPU, RAM, Internet Connections, ...).
These upgrades are finished (maxed) within the first few days. After that all your software runs with "maximum" speed related to hardware specs.

I would start a little bit different:
- I would start that every type of software will run with 50% speed when your hardware is level 1.
With every hardware upgrade for CPU you gain a "performance point". This performance point can be assigned to e.g. "Firewall" and so "Firewall" will run with e.g. 55% speed from now on.

You can assign "performance points" to decide if CPU speed is more used for "Firewall" or "AV" or "PWC" or whatever.
Same for RAM. There you can decide if you want to use more "bounce nodes" or more "Apps" to run.
Internet connection can be devided in "Connection/Command response" and "File transfer"

Further I would suggest the following:
- If you share the skill points from CPU (when max level) equal to all software types, then all software can maximum run at 80% speed.
- The maximum speed you can skill is 100% but then other software version will perhaps only run with 60% speed.
- The reassignment of these performance points can be done once a day and takes e.g. 6h. Or some other time limits

The next thing I thought about was about "performance transfer / performance hack". At the moment when can only hack victims to gain HC.
In my previous posts I described ideas how to "sabotage" others and decrease their performance, shutdown their systems and so on.
In this idea I would like to describe how to "redirect resources" from a victim to your computer.

- When you hack a victim then you can hack their hardware components like CPU, RAM and Internet connection. You can then decide if you - as described in further posts "Shutdown, overload, .." the hardware or you can redirect it to your own computer. You can redirect with a hack 1 "CPU performance point" from the victim to your computer.

- This is balancing now, but it should perhaps only be possible that one host can redirect max 5 performance points per hardware (CPU, RAM, Internet) at all and only one performance point per hardware per victim. So my own computer can get maximum 1 CPU, 1 RAM and 1 Internet from the same victim.

- The victim may only "redirect" max 5 performance points per Hardware at all. So if you took already 1 CPU performance point from victim A, then other players can only redirect 4 remaining CPU performance points from the same victim A.

- With the redirected performance points you can get to e.g. 120% max for one hardware resource. (if it will be 120% depends on how many percent 1 performance point is)

- Redirecting the performance points is only available for 24 or 48h. After that period of time the redirect automatically stops. Further it can be canceled by the administrator of the victims computer. He only has to "check" the hardware and click on "stop redirecting" or perhaps it can be done with the AV. (In the following chapter "proxy server / bounce nodes" I write something about "FBI" - perhaps this can be used here as well.)

To use such a feature we could discuss if this needs additonal hardware like a "Loadbalancer". This Loadbalancer can be upgraded and depending on the level can "loadbalance" traffic from different victims and for different hardware resources. So upgrading a Loadbalancer would allow you to decide if you want to use the "Loadbalancer performance point" to use for "loadbalance more victims" or "loadbalance more typs of hardware". So if loadbalancer level is 5 and gives you 5 points you can say you want to redirect from 3 different victims but only for CPU and RAM.

- Loadbalancer hardware can only be bought when you have e.g. reputation level of 1500.
- Reputation level must be 1500 in the last 7 days in a row. If you go below 1500 the loadbalancer will be deactivated (not deleted, not sold, just disabled) until you got back to 1500+ more than 7 days in a row.
- Redirecting performance points can only be done from victims with at least 1500 reputation points.
- this should save low level and new hackers from beeing farmed and should give them a goal they can focus on.

2.) proxy server / Bounce Nodes
At the moment I cannot see real benefits from "bounce nodes". because if I hack someone directly and then delete my log entry the chances are low that someone will get my IP-address. Further I always have to login to the first bounce node to delete my IP address. The bounce nodes in the middle are "useless" from kind of hacking. They are just in between, but you don't have to hack them, you don't have to make sure what reputation or software they have.

I thought about how this feature could be more useful and more fun and more "risky" to use.

- First we need new hardware which is a "proxy server". Without "proxy server" we cannot use "bounce nodes" and we self cannot be a bounce node.
- Then we hack into a victims computer and if the victim has a "proxy server", too, then we can hack this proxy server and add it to our pool of bounce nodes.
- So we can hack further victims like we want and hack their proxy - if they have one - and add it to our bounce node list
- For further attacks we can select these hacked victims in our "bounce node pool" to create a "bounce node chain"
- It does not matter how often we use the bounce node, it does not add our IP-address to these nodes log and not to the first node's log in the chain, too. But every further bounce node will add its IP to the "next hop" log.
- The victim can use his "AV" to scan his the proxy server for "foreign" IPs. Depending on the "Code reassebler" level of the attacker and the "AV" level of the victim you can
a) delete foreign IPs from your proxy without knowing the IPs. They are just deleted and the attacker loses a bounce node.
b) if you are lucky (good AV or lucky AV) you can get the real origin IP of the attacker and
b1) delete it and use it for your own
b2) send it away - without knowing the IP - to the "FBI" (Sending the IP-address to the "FBI" will result in something random like "HC loss" or "reputation loss" or "complete bounce node pool loss" of the attacker. So the FBI is something fictive in the game code which is doing the random decisions. If the decision was made by the "FBI" the attacker will get a notification from the "FBI" and can decide to corrupt the FBI with HC. The more often you try to corrupt the FBI within one week the more likely it is that they don't agree. So if this happens e.g. more than 3 times week they will not allow any corruption within this week anymore. If the FBI does not catch you one week it will go back to "zero".

- So the own proxy server level decides how big our bounce node pool can be. So we can say proxy server level 10 can maintain maximum 20 bounce nodes. You can delete an bounce node and it will delete the IP address 24h later on the victims proxy server.

- The RAM decides - like it is actually - how many bounce nodes can be used in a chain.

- proxy server can only be bought when you have reputation 1000. This will

- to save new hackers and to make sure that high level hackers do not farm the lower level hackers. perhaps if you victim is reputation 4000 the last hop in your bounce list must have at least 75% of the vicitm.

- Proxy Server hardware can only be bought when you have e.g. reputation level of 750.
- Reputation level must be 750 in the last 7 days in a row. If you go below 750 the proxy server will be deactivated (not deleted, not sold, just disabled) until you got back to 750+ more than 7 days in a row.
- a bounce node can only be a victim with 750+ reputation.
- this should save low level and new hackers from beeing farmed and should give them a goal they can focus on.
- If the victim you are targeting has reputation e.g. 4000 then there must be at least one bounce node in between which has 50% reputation (2000+) of the victim. The other can be lower - or higher.

Perhaps to make it more "attractive" or more important - but with more risk - to use bounce nodes is to make the "delete log" on a victim more time consuming. So if it takes e.g. 15s to delete the logs, then on a high level victim (or strong defense compared to you) you will never have enough time to do all your hacks without being back traced. So if you want to hack someone who is high leveled (or strong defense compared to you) you need bounce nodes to hide your IP-address and save some time because you donÄt have to delte logs 15s and you need the very few seconds to do the "real" hack (mine HC or upload malware or ...). So you probably use victims at bounce nodes where your main goal it to hack in, hack the proxy and delete logs - not more.

Balancing probably depends on "how long to delete logs" and "how easy is it for an AV to find a foreign IP" and/or "Find the origin IP to send it to "FBI").

These two new ideas offer new daily targets like:
- redirect 5 CPU performance points for mor than 6h
- use a bounce node chain with 5+ nodes
- use a bounce node chain with a reputation 2000+ node
- Try to successfully corrupt the FBI three times a week
- Send 3 foreign IPs to the FBI found on your own proxy

Kind regards

Return to “Feature Requests”