Message form dev: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1753
Reloaded (new game) live-stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGCeH6_XvLE
Purchase reloaded alpha access pass and play the game while it is still being developed: https://reloadedalpha.hackerz.online/alpha/access

Feel free to join us for updates on the new Hackerz game coming soon at https://t.me/HOReloadedUpdates and check out the website http://www.hackerzonline.com

The Death of a Guild (A short)

For you new story writers, post your stories here, and if it becomes popular, you will receive your in story forum!
NotTooGood
V.I.P.

The Death of a Guild (A short)

Post by NotTooGood » Mon May 15, 2017 21:19 PM

Kacper, silently, slumped stoically, staring blankly into his computer screen, dumbfounded.
It had been days since he left his humble two room cottage, the warm hum of his servers calming his nerves. Weeks since he had discovered his untimely slip. Months since his paranoia reared its filthy head, the FBI has been inching closer and closer, day by day, minute by minute. The anxiety gripped him, fueled by caffeine and nicotine, he reeks of fresh coffee and ashtrays filled with deceased cigarettes. Eyes bloodshot for not having blinked for what seemed like hours, bullets of sweat pour over his brow stinging his eyes. The exhaustion that gripped him only exasperated by the sunlight of the 5 a.m. sunrise, a reminder his time is fleeting. Ebony rings from no sleep under his eyes look like he has lost 9 rounds with Mike Tyson, as if he could drop unconscious at any moment.
He had always been safe concerning his movements and methods while playing his little innocent games. Planting worms to scam credits and creating his infinite network of bots in preparation for his greatest hack yet. Sniffing for packets of info, swiping datacenters and chance he could get.
This is where his problems began.
He got ahead of himself, bit off far more than he could chew, it was the thrill of the hunt. This morning when he woke up and ran through his typical routine. Collected his chips, made sure his Black Bits were still intact, then confirmed his logs were still in place. That’s when his watchdog started screaming, like a million tiny air raid sirens blaring through his consciousness. He frantically opened his firewall log and he froze. Ten, dozens, hundreds, thousands of connections, the screen wouldn’t stop scrolling.

He had been had?

Had his time had come?

He slipped up?

But where?

It didn’t make any sense, he was also so meticulous with his attacks, always left gateways with time to spare. Never overreached his grasp, not once had he left a digital blip of evidence behind. It made no sense, it just didn’t add up, he was paralyzed. Years of work destroyed in a flash, an iota of disregard, one single lapse in procedure, he couldn’t believe it. How did this happen, where did he go wrong?

Then it hit him like a crushing wave of cinderblocks.

The guild.

His brotherhood.

The only other people that knew his craft, the only other people that understood his methods, the only other people he trusted with his life. Could it be? Is that even possible? How? Did they sell him out? Had they tried to mask their work with his security? It couldn’t be, they had worked together for years, it was impossible. To think there was a mole was soul crushing. He hit up his co leader in a blazing fury to try and figure out what had possibly gone wrong. He sent Eryk a secured email to see if anyone else had been seeing the same thing he had. His body went limp with the single word response.

“Yes”

Eryk was running surveillance over their guild for months now afraid that their newest inductee Andrezej may not be as clean as they thought. During his sweep, he claimed to have found vital info in Andrzej’s gateway.

Their datacenter.

Out in the open.

Free game to anyone to utilize.

A true undoing.

Yet, it was worse than Kacper could ever imagine. EVERYONE was infected, they had been exposed. Their private network had been inundated with enemy bots, wreaking havoc on their miners and leaking their info to the world. Apparently, the Feds had caught wind of it. More than a dozen other enemy guilds now had their information, and the intrusions were crippling. There was no turning back now, they had to strike back, and fast.

And they did.

They began hemorrhaging their accounts to fellow guilds for protection and bandwidth security so that they may be able to salvage what was left of their funds, and most importantly, their infamy. Reputation is the most important asset in this world, if you’re not known, you are no one, a shadow, a smear on the radar. They were a threat, a force to be reckoned with. Months earlier they had obliterated an FBI network and compromised affiliated gateways. They understood the possible consequences but had no fear, they were secure, they had no doubt they made it out clean.

They were gravely mistaken.

6 hours after the attacks began they were suffering from minor outages, bleeding info and bits left and right. It seemed like every time they scanned and cleared their network there were twice as many bots and intrusions as before. A damn digital hydra, they just couldn’t keep up… What does a beast backed into a corner do when given no option left but death? They fight. With a fury that is unbridled and fueled by rage, this is precisely what they did. The rented protection was giving them wiggle room so they turned their power from defense to their notoriously deadly offense. They began to leak attacking guilds datacenters who had poor security, started recruiting guilds they were allied with to mount the greatest last hour attack they had ever imagined. By the end of their 13th hour they had decimated their attackers, 5 guilds down, 18 to go. Not counting the silent lone wolves, but they would have to be dealt with at a different time.
The night turned to day, Kacper and Eryk drenched in perspiration, speaking not a word to each other except to say, “Hit em” once their bounces had reached their targets. Then a break, the DDoS’s stopped. Could they have survived? Had someone called them off? Or had they fools let up to lick their wounds realizing now the monster they were facing.

Neither were true.

Their network had gone completely off line, a full-blown server reset, everything had frozen in place, some systems showing hard resets, others rebooting. They stepped outside to take a break, if only to breathe fresh air before their imminent doom. Eryk said to Kacper, “I’m sorry it ended this way friend” in a thick Polish accent. “It should have never ended this way; I should have never hired Andrzej. I knew better, but his rep was too good. He was a fantastic addition to…” Kacper cut him off, “You fool, do you even realize what you’ve done?! I told you NOT to let anyone else in. 8 members was already too much, you’re a damn fool.”
Just then Eryk noticed movement in the bushes beyond their fence line. “FEDS!!” he yelled, the FBI’s heavy yellow lettering peeking through the green and brown brush of their cottage woodland. Almost as soon as they dove back into their hideout, the surrounding forest erupted in gunfire. Rounds tearing through monitors, servers exploding into beautiful shrapnel. They watched from the ground as their life’s work erupted into tiny chunks of plastic, silicone, and copper. It was over, they had lost, their back tracers had failed. They could have never anticipated it would end like this. Kacper pulled out his phone to check their database status, they were suffering major outages internationally. Their network crippled, absolutely demolished, all bars in the red, it was over, they had lost.
The gunfire ceased and a voice came over a loud speaker, “Surrender and we will spare your lives. Come out peacefully and no harm will come to you.” Kacper looked at Eryk and they knew it was their only option, surrender their tech, their IP’s, and all the funds left over to the swarm. They knew this would be their last chance to salvage their rep and make it out alive. They agreed to submit and accept defeat, they had truly been bested. Before leaving the safety of their now destroyed den, they sent one last mobile email to their guild members and enemies alike.

“We will be back.”

Eryk and Kacper watched as their bandwidth reached critical mass and collapsed, their guilds treasure became free game to any that had access to their datacenters. The FEDs moved in and apprehended them. They would have to wait to regain their previous kingdom until another day.
24 hours later, Eryk and Kacper were released, absolved of all the crimes they had been accused of since any evidence of their crimes had been wiped clean by the ground shaking firestorm they had experienced. Naturally, they teamed up a few weeks later and began building from the ground up, vowing to never make the same mistake that they had made before.

The true V|K † N G S had been born.

Nothing could stop them this time.

Not even the FBI.

Nick_Rekt_U
V.I.P.
In-game Username: Nick_Rekt_U
Game Moderator: [GB]

Re: The Death of a Guild (A short)

Post by Nick_Rekt_U » Tue May 16, 2017 06:29 AM

Nice story
Merc fell

We know this

After things fall,they rise again and take

Everything

Our time has come,to resurect

Get ready to feel our wrath

ActNetCode
Story Writer
In-game Username: ActNetCode
Game Moderator: United States

Post by ActNetCode » Tue May 16, 2017 13:41 PM

This is a story if i have ever knew one it one of the best short I had read so far. if your planning to make a sequel or a series of this it will be popular i ensure you.

NotTooGood
V.I.P.

Post by NotTooGood » Wed May 17, 2017 06:05 AM

Thank you Nick_Rekt_U and ActNetCode! I'm terrible at lengthy dialogue and actual story lines. Shorts have always been a passion of mine tho. I will put some effort into brainstorming another one. :)

Nick_Rekt_U
V.I.P.
In-game Username: Nick_Rekt_U
Game Moderator: [GB]

Post by Nick_Rekt_U » Sat May 20, 2017 20:21 PM

NotTooGood wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 06:05 AM
Thank you Nick_Rekt_U and ActNetCode! I'm terrible at lengthy dialogue and actual story lines. Shorts have always been a passion of mine tho. I will put some effort into brainstorming another one. :)
Cant wait for that
Merc fell

We know this

After things fall,they rise again and take

Everything

Our time has come,to resurect

Get ready to feel our wrath

DarkFireWolf
New Hacker
In-game Username: DarkFireWolf

Post by DarkFireWolf » Sun Mar 11, 2018 15:50 PM

This was awesome... I really enjoyed reading it... I like short stories cuz i can read then in one sitting 😍

sanaeerumey
New Hacker
In-game Username: sanaeerumey

Post by sanaeerumey » Mon Nov 12, 2018 07:33 AM

DarkFireWolf wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 15:50 PM
This was awesome... I really enjoyed reading it... I like short stories cuz i can read then in one sitting and have some knowledge on how to take phenq😍
This was all of it's kind just because of the grid itself (Y)

Agen_Dosa
Game Moderator
In-game Username: Agen_Dosa
Game Moderator: [ID]

Post by Agen_Dosa » Mon Dec 17, 2018 17:24 PM

a very extraordinary story, I really enjoyed every plot, good job bro 🤘🏻
♛ FBI | Agen_Dosa [ID]

jasmyndube
New Hacker
In-game Username: jasmyndube

Post by jasmyndube » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:21 AM

NotTooGood wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 06:05 AM
Thank you Nick_Rekt_U and ActNetCode! I'm terrible at lengthy dialogue and actual story lines. Shorts have always been a passion of mine tho. I will put some effort into brainstorming another one. :) see full extenze reviews here
All of those are not really ready to serve seriously :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “New Stories”