Official Hackerz Online Discord Welcome Channel
https://discord.gg/7u3rCHK
Once entered, first command you should use to get access is /new

- Follow us on twitter! https://twitter.com/OkitooHackers

Another Plea To Fix File Limits and Increase DDOS Bot Damage

Please post content related game recommendations/suggestions here. Not Complaints.
Skratch
New Hacker
In-game Username: Skratch

Re: Another Plea To Fix File Limits and Increase DDOS Bot Damage

Post by Skratch » Sun Oct 29, 2017 05:56 AM

+1

TimesOfGaming
Head Moderator
In-game Username: TimesOfGaming
Ingame Staff Rank: Admin

Post by TimesOfGaming » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:22 PM

I think with more people in a guild you can work with others to take the big ones down.
Head Forums Moderator, Global Moderator ingame chat, and Active

Fenrir
Head Moderator
In-game Username: Fenrir
Ingame Staff Rank: Administrator

Post by Fenrir » Sun Oct 29, 2017 14:46 PM

I agree to this myself seeing SALT was also in the mix for this event as the player 1700 had quit all members were trapped in the same event GOP was explaining even all guilds and players still in this game myself included banded together to ddos SALT with no prevail. i dont even know if Admin had to step in to intervene and remove the guild SALT to free all members still playing the game

maybe as a fix include a fraction of the datacenter mitigation in this matter (like renting(selling bandwith would be unavailable when this feature is on)) as in add a slider for the use of how much mbps in the `guild.app` (leader only) in turn this would also use some mbps from the datacenter (as if in a ddos attack or when selling bandwidth)
after the attack the mitigation used would go back to what it was before initial use
this feature would help take down strong guilds for the weak and may encourage more players to have guilds further increasing the need for BB in the game
myself included would like to have a go at taking down strong guilds for once that we never could

ZeroDay
V.I.P.
In-game Username: Ugandan_Knuckle

Post by ZeroDay » Sun Oct 29, 2017 17:31 PM

i agree +1

TimesOfGaming
Head Moderator
In-game Username: TimesOfGaming
Ingame Staff Rank: Admin

Post by TimesOfGaming » Sun Oct 29, 2017 22:30 PM

ElectricWolf wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 14:46 PM
I agree to this myself seeing SALT was also in the mix for this event as the player 1700 had quit all members were trapped in the same event GOP was explaining even all guilds and players still in this game myself included banded together to ddos SALT with no prevail. i dont even know if Admin had to step in to intervene and remove the guild SALT to free all members still playing the game

maybe as a fix include a fraction of the datacenter mitigation in this matter (like renting(selling bandwith would be unavailable when this feature is on)) as in add a slider for the use of how much mbps in the `guild.app` (leader only) in turn this would also use some mbps from the datacenter (as if in a ddos attack or when selling bandwidth)
after the attack the mitigation used would go back to what it was before initial use
this feature would help take down strong guilds for the weak and may encourage more players to have guilds further increasing the need for BB in the game
myself included would like to have a go at taking down strong guilds for once that we never could
I was pmmed saying that the top guilds were keeping them stuck. Also, when people are stuck we as a community usually band together to help those in need. I see your point of view and I agree with it, but I'm looking from both sides.
Head Forums Moderator, Global Moderator ingame chat, and Active

ImaWhiteRose
Legendary Hacker
In-game Username: ImaWhiteRose
Ingame Staff Rank: Global

Post by ImaWhiteRose » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:06 AM

With the increased guild size it certainly makes sense to increase damage done by bots. Or implement a wannacry style bot - even if it can only be used to create a bot for 1 guild and is more expensive than a standard bot creator.
And the file limit for attackers makes it that much harder to bot players. Enabling attackers to be exempt from file limits in gateways would stop players with low av using their bloated gateways as protection from viruses.

Warlord_one8
V.I.P.
In-game Username: OpSec
Ingame Staff Rank: [IN]

Post by Warlord_one8 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:07 AM

Totally Agree with it. +1

Firef0x
Hacker
In-game Username: _Fawkes_

Post by Firef0x » Thu Nov 02, 2017 21:38 PM

I agree 100%, however, lately it seems like not much is being added. There was the daily contest (which was a great idea now that the hc to bb converting is gone) and some bugfixes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the dev has been very quiet lately. There have been at least a dozen amazing ideas in the forum, yet very few, if any, are implemented.

Juka
Legendary Hacker
In-game Username: Juka
Ingame Staff Rank: Global

Post by Juka » Fri Nov 03, 2017 07:51 AM

While I see both for and against arguments on this topic, I can only speak from my experience since this change, albeit a limited one. I've only made a handful of not placement attempts since this was implemented, and I'd say 80% of the attempts to place bots gave me the "to many files in this gateway" message. As such, I've not bothered attacking guilds since then. Its made it seem like an ideal that's not worthwhile.

Perhaps someone who's been placing bots more consistently since this change can share their opinions?
Juka

LakuBhai69
Hacker
In-game Username: LakuBhai15

Post by LakuBhai69 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:59 PM

Totally agree with this 1, but i think, like the rest of the ideas, this will be ignored too...

Return to “Game/Forum Recommendations”