Official Hackerz Online Discord Welcome Channel
https://discord.gg/7u3rCHK

New requirements for joining the Discord Server

⚠️All new members need to have their account active for 24 hours (lowest possible by bot) before joining due to security policy. This is to protect all members.⚠️

⚠️Members need to interact with the emoji that was sent by Verifier Bot⚠️

- Follow us on twitter! https://twitter.com/OkitooHackers

"Invalid Device"

Report all bugs to this forum please. Bug reports include operational issues with the game.
TeAmEr
Site Admin
In-game Username: TeAmEr

"Invalid Device"

Post by TeAmEr » Thu Mar 16, 2017 08:53 AM

To protect from bots and cheaters a device checking mechanism was implemented.
if you see the message please check that:

1- You are running the game on a supported android device (Some emulators are ok, some rooted devices are ok - rooting is bad for you)
2- force close the game and start again
3- if 2 didnt work: restart your phone
4- if 3 didnt work: clear cache/data and restart the game
5- make sure you have notifications enabled for the game
6- make sure you have google service installed

If all of the above failed. please refer to point 1 . if not state your device name, type and model

nubcake
New Hacker

Re: "Invalid Device"

Post by nubcake » Thu Mar 16, 2017 23:06 PM

Rooting is not inherently bad for your phone. However I totally understand why the dev might take this route to protect the game. It would be nice to get some clarification on the use of Android studio to run the game though.... I don't particularly want to risk a ban. When I speak of clarification I mean using Android studio to emulate on different devices. Anybody familiar with Android development will know that you can emulate different device models etc. Will I risk ban if my account is clocked playing on an emulator HTC one day and a Samsung Galaxy the next?

orbital
New Hacker

Post by orbital » Fri Mar 17, 2017 00:33 AM

Just curious what your reasoning would be behind using different phone models with Android Studios emulator on any particular day?

DadeMurphy
Legendary Hacker

Post by DadeMurphy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 00:53 AM

Routing is a Problem for this game. Why? The IP history is stored locally and can be backed up using titanium Backup. That makes Historie delete viruses pointles.

Not only that. It takes me about minutes to save my whole IP list in a MySQL Database. And i am not talking about 20ish ips i am talking about 500+

nubcake
New Hacker

Post by nubcake » Fri Mar 17, 2017 00:57 AM

[quote=orbital post_id=368 time=1489710828 user_id=100]
Just curious what your reasoning would be behind using different phone models with Android Studios emulator on any particular day?
[/quote]

I guess partial laziness and errors with certain models that can happen. When you run the apk you can choose from a default list of random devices and models etc. So what happens is I just pick a random device from the list. I would be willing to "use" the same device emulator if it was an issue. But again I could be emulating a HTC desire for 2 months then boom.... game update causes issues with HTC emulation so I switch to emulation on a Samsung Galaxy. If it works great... if not try a different device. I can only imagine the developer hasn't officially tested the game on every possible device... screen size.. android version combination, which is fine, but means updates might stop it working with a particular device model .

nubcake
New Hacker

Post by nubcake » Fri Mar 17, 2017 01:16 AM

[quote=DadeMurphy post_id=369 time=1489712022 user_id=76]
Routing is a Problem for this game. Why?
[/quote]

If you know what routing your phone is you should know why.... for the same reason google banned routed phones in Pokemon go. Makes cheating almost impossible to stop / catch. I'm not arguing if its fair or unfair to rooted users (imo if you are rooting phones you should have more than one anyway) but I understand if the dev doesn't want it

krankenwagen
Retired
In-game Username: krankenwagen
Ingame Staff Rank: Global

Post by krankenwagen » Fri Mar 17, 2017 21:56 PM

[quote=TeAmEr post_id=279 time=1489654409 user_id=2]
To protect from bots and cheaters a device checking mechanism was implemented.
if you see the message please check that:

1- You are running the game on a supported android device (Some emulators are ok, some rooted devices are ok - rooting is bad for you)
2- force close the game and start again
3- if 2 didnt work: restart your phone
4- if 3 didnt work: clear cache/data and restart the game
5- make sure you have notifications enabled for the game
6- make sure you have google service installed

If all of the above failed. please refer to point 1 . if not state your device name, type and model
[/quote]

So, what is the policy on emulators?
People have said all emulators are blocked, and that they aren't.
I can say that genymotion emulator isn't working for me now.
I'd like to keep using an emulator, because my phone doesn't support an app cloner for alts.
If i can't get my emulator running, my alt will die.

minealex2244
V.I.P.

Post by minealex2244 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 13:42 PM

[quote=DadeMurphy post_id=369 time=1489712022 user_id=76]
Routing is a Problem for this game. Why? The IP history is stored locally and can be backed up using titanium Backup. That makes Historie delete viruses pointles.

Not only that. It takes me about minutes to save my whole IP list in a MySQL Database. And i am not talking about 20ish ips i am talking about 500+
[/quote]

Rooting* is helping a lot of rooted users to make their devices faster and more stable. I'm using LineageOS 14.1 and I need root to improve my device. Nobody here will buy me a new device to have a faster phone and to be able to play this game! Or, if there is a rich man to tell me that he will buy me a new phone. I won't understand Dev if he will decide to ban rooted users. It is not fair. Should we start using a root hiding mod? No because others should understand our needs! Not everyone is rich.

nubcake
New Hacker

Post by nubcake » Sat Mar 18, 2017 16:38 PM

[quote=minealex2244 post_id=429 time=1489844576 user_id=271]
I won't understand Dev if he will decide to ban rooted users. It is not fair.
[/quote]

Users with rooted phones are almost impossible to punish for cheating... that's what is actually unfair (Google banned rooted phones from Pokemon GO... of Google can't find a way to detect cheaters how can anyone else?). The fact that you decided to root your only phone and flash a custom ROM isn't anyone's problem except your own.

krankenwagen
Retired
In-game Username: krankenwagen
Ingame Staff Rank: Global

Post by krankenwagen » Sat Mar 18, 2017 18:05 PM

[quote=nubcake post_id=449 time=1489855103 user_id=192]
[quote=minealex2244 post_id=429 time=1489844576 user_id=271]
I won't understand Dev if he will decide to ban rooted users. It is not fair.
[/quote]

Users with rooted phones are almost impossible to punish for cheating... that's what is actually unfair (Google banned rooted phones from Pokemon GO... of Google can't find a way to detect cheaters how can anyone else?). The fact that you decided to root your only phone and flash a custom ROM isn't anyone's problem except your own.
[/quote]

Rooting is a right, not a problem.
Blocking rooted devices is like blocking PC games where the user has an administrator account!
That the company that made Pokemon GO blocked rooted devices (Google can't do that) is [b]not[/b] an argument that rooting is evil and should be blocked by games.
You simply cannot rely on the integrity of the device used, if it's rooted and an emulator, or not.
If rooted devices are blocked, then i will leave this game, because i am not going to change how i use my personal property because of some game.
Blocking devices for being non-stock, rooted, or an emulator is bad in my eyes.

Return to “Bug Reports and Troubleshooting”