- Official Hackerz Online Discord Welcome Channel https://discord.gg/7u3rCHK

- Developers discord channel (For development live-streams and non-hackerz-online related topics only): https://discord.gg/VJrYR2SfUB

- Follow us on twitter! https://twitter.com/OkitooHackers

VOTE FOR NEXT GAME: viewtopic.php?f=3&p=7638#p7638

"Invalid Device"

Report all bugs to this forum please. Bug reports include operational issues with the game.
dr_bleblo
New Hacker

More discussion about root

Post by dr_bleblo » Fri Mar 24, 2017 07:42 AM

Everyone seems to be debating if rooted devices should be allowed but it seems that nobody has thought of an alternative. So here are a few ideas I had as well as some arguments of my own.

Since we know that its possible to detect if a device has been rooted or not why not just setup another server for people who have rooted devices and block them from the main server your still able to play the game easily enough and from what I can tell you don't need a large player-base to get the most out of this game (although it certainly doens't hurt) give rooted players a notification telling them that root has been detected and they have been placed in an alternative server if they want to play on the main server with less risk of cheaters then they should unroot or use another device.

Now of course its unfair to segregate rooted players like this but personally I think its more unfair to the non rooted players if rooting isn't handled. because of the secretive nature of this game and how protecting your IP is extremely important. Imagine you have invested a few months into this game and even spent your hard earned money in it you have taken every precaution to protect your IP and somehow haven't been hacked once then someone cheats to get your IP and puts it on their bounce list now all of your months of hard work have been for nothing and you get hacked several times a day. That is why I think precautions should be taken against rooted users regardless of their intent does anyone agree with me?

TotenKnopf
Legendary Hacker

Re: More discussion about root

Post by TotenKnopf » Fri Mar 24, 2017 07:55 AM

Facebook is spyware. whoever uses facebook is damaging other people among him.
That is why I think precautions should be taken against facebook users regardless of their intent.

That sentence alone sounds like its 70yrs late.

TwistOfFate
New Hacker

Re: "Invalid Device"

Post by TwistOfFate » Fri Mar 24, 2017 14:44 PM

There is no point in blocking root, root detection isn't perfect and there are plenty of ways to backup app data that do not require rooting.

DadeMurphy
Legendary Hacker

Re: More discussion about root

Post by DadeMurphy » Fri Mar 24, 2017 15:39 PM

[quote=dr_bleblo post_id=710 time=1490341325 user_id=385]
[...]
Now of course its unfair to segregate rooted players like this but personally I think its more unfair to the non rooted players if rooting isn't handled. because of the secretive nature of this game and how protecting your IP is extremely important. Imagine you have invested a few months into this game and even spent your hard earned money in it you have taken every precaution to protect your IP and somehow haven't been hacked once then someone cheats to get your IP and puts it on their bounce list now all of your months of hard work have been for nothing and you get hacked several times a day. That is why I think precautions should be taken against rooted users regardless of their intent does anyone agree with me?
[/quote]

1st of all we have a saying in germany "If there is a will, there will be a way".

Now to the Last Part of your Post. And pls dont mind the typos. German Keyboard Layout and Auto correct. I am a bit in a hurry sorry.

Client ~ Server principe.
Easy said:
Client cheats his health and sends the new value for health to the Server. Server denies the value because he isnt aware of any changes. The cheat gets denied.

This is What is applied to HC and blackbit. It cant be Manipulated that easy.

Now to your example:
The IP Adress range available is a bit more then 4 Billion ips(!!!!!). Having a Generator and printing each possible IP to the Screen will Take arround 7-10 days.

The Main issue we have is that the ip history is stored locally. In theory it is possible to Create an IP list for all available ips and add those to the IP history ingame. But for that you would need to now the Format the adressess are saved in. Storing the IP list online will increase the load of the Server and the Traffic for the Client. Wich is bad.

Possible way to prevent root users from manipulating the IP history would be to encrypt it locally. But then again with Network sniffing you might be able to sniff the decryption Key sended by the Server.

I wanted to get a bit further into detail of databases nur i doubt that will be necessary.

whoami_96
Legendary Hacker
In-game Username: whoami96

Post by whoami_96 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 04:08 AM

[quote=TheGhostTown post_id=494 time=1489938516 user_id=151]
Also, for what it is worth, I am also on the side of allowing devices to play the game. That is, of course, up to the developer(s), but I personally do not see any reason why someone should be told they cannot play the game just because they rooted their device. There are many reasons for rooting a device, a nearly all of them are non-malicious.
[/quote]

i agree.
i root my phone just to make it looks good (at least for me lol) :lol:

dashyeah
New Hacker

Post by dashyeah » Sun Mar 26, 2017 06:42 AM

i just want to know if you d like Chinese players to join this game since there s no google services on almost all android devices in China.

Alt30
New Hacker

Post by Alt30 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 13:25 PM

I really hope this game doesn't kill off rooted users. I stopped playing Pokemon Go because of that. I use root for ricing and work, and I'd prefer not having to wipe root just to play.

Ripe
Known Hacker
In-game Username: RipeJrMan

Post by Ripe » Sun Mar 26, 2017 13:27 PM

[quote=Alt30 post_id=786 time=1490534742 user_id=124]
I really hope this game doesn't kill off rooted users. I stopped playing Pokemon Go because of that. I use root for ricing and work, and I'd prefer not having to wipe root just to play.
[/quote]

Well the game is working on rooted phones .

krankenwagen
Retired
In-game Username: krankenwagen
Ingame Staff Rank: Global

Post by krankenwagen » Sun Mar 26, 2017 15:21 PM

[quote=dashyeah post_id=781 time=1490510540 user_id=407]
i just want to know if you d like Chinese players to join this game since there s no google services on almost all android devices in China.
[/quote]

Everyone is welcome in this game regardless of ethnicity.
Sadly a major organisation has decided that people in china can't access the internet freely.
This includes blocking of google services, like google play services.

"Since May 27, 2014, Google's various services have been suspected of having been subject to malicious interference from the Great Firewall of China, as a result of which users became unable to access them. Since then users from mainland China found that Google's various sub-sites and other services (Google Play, Gmail, Google Docs, etc.) could not be accessed or used normally, including login to Google Account. Although some services like Google map and Google translate remained functional, users from certain places still failed to visit them. On the evening of July 10, 2014, users became able use Google's services and functions, but users reported that access was denied the next day."
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_China

dashyeah
New Hacker

Post by dashyeah » Mon Mar 27, 2017 01:57 AM

[quote=krankenwagen post_id=789 time=1490541715 user_id=75]
[quote=dashyeah post_id=781 time=1490510540 user_id=407]
[/quote]

Everyone is welcome in this game regardless of ethnicity.
Sadly a major organisation has decided that people in china can't access the internet freely.
This includes blocking of google services, like google play services.

"Since May 27, 2014, Google's various services have been suspected of having been subject to malicious interference from the Great Firewall of China, as a result of which users became unable to access them. Since then users from mainland China found that Google's various sub-sites and other services (Google Play, Gmail, Google Docs, etc.) could not be accessed or used normally, including login to Google Account. Although some services like Google map and Google translate remained functional, users from certain places still failed to visit them. On the evening of July 10, 2014, users became able use Google's services and functions, but users reported that access was denied the next day."
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_China
[/quote]

thank you,this is a good game.I v tried to install Google play,google service & etc. but it stil doesn't work...

maybe i'll get another device wtih original Android.

Return to “Bug Reports and Troubleshooting”